Resources Veterans Can Use
As a veteran, you may experience difficult mental and emotional challenges upon leaving the military. No matter how big or small your problem may be, we’re here to help you find the resources you need to cope with unique experiences and stressors that veterans face.
7 Mental Health Resources Veterans Can Use Right Now
1. The VA provides same-day services in both primary care and mental health in 172 medical centers across the nation. You can find a location near you by exploring the facility locator tool on the VA website.
2. Make the Connection is a website where veterans, family members and other supporters can find resources and solutions to issues that affect their lives. Visitors can read about various mental health topics, watch videos of veteran’s stories of recovery and strength, and locate nearby resources.
3. The Veterans Crisis Line is a confidential toll-free hotline, text messaging and online chat service that connects veterans in crisis, as well as their family members and friends, with qualified VA responders. For confidential support, call 800.273.8255, text 838255 or chat online 24/7/365.
4. Vet Centers offer group, individual, family and marriage counseling, as well as free referrals and connection to other VA services and benefits. Many Vet Center counselors and outreach providers are veterans and are experienced in discussing the tragedies of war, grief and loss to help you transition after trauma.
5. Coaching Into Care offers guidance to family members and other supporters of veterans to encourage them to reach out for mental health support. This free and confidential service can be reached by calling 888.823.7458 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm ET, or by email at CoachingIntoCare@va.gov.
6. Veteran Training has an anonymous online self-help portal for veterans to find free tools to overcome everyday challenges, such as problem-solving skills, developing parenting skills and managing anger.
7. AboutFace is an online resource that features stories of veteran experiences with PTSD and how it affects their family members, as well as insight from VA clinicians. There, you can learn more about PTSD, explore options for treatment and gain insight from other veterans.
Our primary purpose at Operation Rubix is to provide veterans and their loved ones with therapeutic resources for healing and living fulfilling lives. Visit us at 5824 Bee Ridge Road PMB 443, Sarasota, FL 34233 or call us at 941-777-8387.